You may have many questions about our children sponsorship program; here you can find the answer.
Why should I sponsor a child through Cefarh foundation?
Because together, we can make a real difference! If you’re considering sponsorship, you already want to help change lives. Sponsorship makes it possible for you to give vulnerable children fuller lives and better futures. You’ll see the transformation for yourself through regular updates while you build an enjoyable personal connection with a child who needs you.
How is my sponsorship donation used?
Your donations are used to meet the needs of your sponsored child’s community. It could be safe water, nourishing food, better healthcare, or education. By donating, you also help keep children safe while getting them ready to participate in shaping their own future.
To effectively combat children’s vulnerability, it’s important to deal with both symptoms and causes —your support is what enables us to overcome these barriers and help children reach their potential.
How does my sponsored child benefit?
- Your sponsored child will experience a fuller, happier, healthier, and safer life.
- Regular monitoring lets us check their progress and intervene appropriately when necessary.
- Your messages bring them hope and happiness, and learning to read those messages increases their skills and builds confidence.
- It’s not only their physical safety — we provide the safe, nurturing space for them to explore, develop and grow spiritually.
- Their hopes and dreams become a reality as they watch their community transform into a healthier and safer place.
What makes CEFARH ’s approach unique?
We approach things differently, focusing on initiating change from the outside-in: forming long-term partnerships with everyone who impacts a child’s life, whether it be members of their family, community, nation, the wider world, or generous sponsors like you.
We also transform a child’s world using an inside-out approach: empowering children at the grassroots level to be active participants and change-makers in their own lives.
This unique two-pronged approach has been proven to have an effective and long-lasting impact on vulnerable children, whether or not they are directly sponsored.
What does it mean to be a Cefarh Child Sponsor?
- Experience the joy of helping your sponsored child live a fuller, happier, healthier, and safer life.
- For every child you sponsor, five more children in the same area directly benefit, too
- You can build a personal connection with a vulnerable child who really needs you, and even travel to visit them.
- Throughout our partnership, we provide frequent updates, photos, and videos so you can follow all the changes as they take place.
- And, if you choose to, there are many ways for you to get involved and help improve the world for these children.
Will my sponsorship contributions go directly to one child?
Sponsored children do not receive direct cash benefits. While each Cefarh Child Sponsor is connected with one child we, we make the most of your donations by pooling funds to invest in long-term community development programs to transform whole areas. By doing this we know that for every child you sponsor, five more children directly benefit too.
How are children chosen for sponsorship?
The families who receive our help are the ones who need it the most. Sponsored children are carefully chosen by people who know them best – local Cefarh staff and their own community members. At Cefarh respecting the rights of parents is important to us. That’s why parents and caregivers are the only people who are allowed to register a child for sponsorship, and their involvement continues throughout all program participation. We take a great screening to make suer that the child is the one really in need.
What does my sponsorship mean to my sponsored child?
As a sponsor, a child’s hope, happiness, and confidence is in your hands: your help provides a better life and transforms their future in ways they didn’t think possible.
Your participation in Cefarh’s Child Sponsorship program is essential to granting children, families and entire communities a path to a better future.
Our proven, unique approach is fueled by your sponsorship. Your help enables us to provide a positive, lasting impact to communities by focusing on the root causes of poverty and injustice.
How does Cefarh Child Sponsorship work?
First, parents and caregivers in Cefarh programme areas register children to be sponsored. Then Cefarh connects you with a child who needs your help. As that child’s only sponsor, you will have many opportunities to build a relationship with them.
Your monthly donations become part of a powerful collective fund capable of permanently transforming your sponsored child’s community into a place that offers them the future they deserve.
We empower communities and guide them to set their own goals and equip them so that progress made is sustained, and continued, long after we’ve left.
How much does it cost to sponsor a child?
It takes only UGx 140,000 = (USD 38 / EURO 35) per Month to sponsor a child and change their lives.