Founded in 2010 by a group of Ugandan medical students, CEFARH (Centre For Adolescent Reproductive Health) works to be a voice for the voiceless and the oppressed.
We started with the aim of helping young people affected by HIV/AIDS, reducing teenage pregnancy and decreasing child marriage.
Activities and scope of the organization broadened during the years: child marriage and teenage pregnancy are still pillars of our work and we added other projects to improve population overall quality of life.
OUR IMPACT SO FAR
- led the national campaign on child marriage;
- championed grassroots advocacy on law reforms on comprehensive sexuality education;
- boosted resource allocation to Sexual Reproduction Health and Right (SRHR) services and program for young people;
- increased awareness and comprehensive knowledge on SRHR among young people, gatekeepers and key influencers;
- increased access and utilization of friendly and age appropriate SRHR services among young people;
- partnered Church leaders in the efforts to reduce unsafe abortions and maternal deaths occurring as a result of obstetric complications from abortions;
- got Church Leaders and Traditional Leaders promote access and use of family planning services and products to young women;
- modified and refined cultural religious beliefs that create barriers on access and use of family planning services and products by girls and young women.
Let's keep in contact
We respect your privacy and we will use your email only to keep you updated on our projects in Uganda.